26 Days of Thankfulness
I was going to save this post for Friday but that is actually going to be apart of what I’m thankful for. When I used to blog about 5 years ago I would come across challenges that brought different bloggers together. Those were some of my favorite posts and concepts because there is such a community out there of people who blog casually and who blog as a business. Even if I don’t feel completely immersed in this community yet, it is something I’ll be working toward. My heart has always been tied to community work, to me it’s rewarding on a different level.
So, let’s get to this round up of things I’m thankful for right now.
- My husband and our wedding we had only three and a half months ago. Steve is genuine, kind, loving, and can always get me to crack a smile.
- My family of course – it’s even bigger now! (See number 1) But I am beyond blessed with my family, their support, unconditional love, laughter, wisdom, and more are just a few ways I’m thankful for them.
- Our new cat Sofie – when Schmitty’s (my previous 20 year old cat) time came we were gutted. We still miss her but we’re happy we rescued Sofie so she won’t spend any more time in a cage.
- Even though the snow is coming early I’m thankful I have a roof over my head that keeps me cozy and warm.
- I’m thankful for my car – an easy thing to look over! It makes me feel safe and the heated seats are a bonus.
- My body – it is capable of so many things and even if it’s taking longer than I’d like to heal from surgery, it is strong.
- My physical therapist – she understands my desire to be back to my normal activity but has helped me stay grounded with taking the necessary steps to get where I want to be.
- Pokemon Go – strange right? Have you played ever? Haha I’m thankful for it because it’s got Steve and I taking way more walks than usual which I really like. Thanks Pokemon Go!
- Candles – they instantly make my apartment (or any place I’ve lived in) feel like home because they’re welcoming and calming.
- The material items I have – while I’ve tried to become more minimal with things in our home, I still look at all the board games and books and feel grateful. How lucky am I to have so many choices each night on what to do?
- Craft beer! Yeah you knew I was going to throw that in here right? It’s brought Steve and I closer, it’s a way I’ve connected with people and it’s something that brings me joy.
- On that note…coffee! It gives me a slower morning. It makes me warm and though I really don’t get a caffeine buzz from it (unless I do an unusually large amount) it’s just a nice part of my day.
- Music – lately Steve will have music playing when I get home and we finish cooking dinner together. Or if he’s getting home after me he’ll connect to the Google home and blast some really loud entrance music.
- Music goes hand-in-hand with number 14…Dance. I’ve danced since I was 5 years old. I miss it terribly not only because of the hip surgery but also our studio closed after our May recital. This was and will still be a difficult pill to swallow, I’m so grateful for the lessons learned, the sweat dropped, the “one more times,” and the family I have there.
- Peanut butter – it never let’s me down!
- My co-workers – they should have been much higher on the list but this isn’t really in order of how thankful I am. BUT! I work with some amazing people and I am so unbelievably lucky to be apart of that team.
- My kitchen – even though it’s not the tiniest kitchen I’ve worked with, (I used to live in a VERY tiny studio apartment) it’s still small but I’m grateful to even have a kitchen. I can cook there and meal prep and nourish myself and Steve (and Sofie if we’re spoiling her) and I’m grateful for the space to do that.
- Support – I have a lot of incredibly supportive people in my life that have made changes, moves, job switches, and hobbies easier to accomplish with them having my back.
- Nature/Nurture – there’s of course many debates with this but when I think about the way I was raised I’m thankful. I’m the woman I am today because of the environment I grew up in and the parents who raised me.
- Blogging – writing has always been a creative outlet for me and I’m grateful to have a blog again and to be slowly getting back into it.
- Pressure FREE – This is what I was talking about in the very beginning. I’ve decided right now that while I have big ideas for this blog and the platform I want to create…I also do not want to put pressure on myself to bite off more than I can chew. Right now three posts a week, Instagram photos, recipe developing, forecasting, and writing down future ideas is MORE than enough.
- Gentle reminders from Steve – he’s a fantastic listener but also very good at giving me gentle nudges when my thoughts are headed in wild directions.
- Four seasons – yeah I’m not looking forward to commuting this year in the snow (to work it’s about 40 minutes on a good, no bad weather day) but I have to appreciate the fact that Michigan gets all four seasons. I still love the song Every Season by Nichole Nordeman.
- My love of fruits & veggies – they’re nourishing for us and I’m thankful that I am able to cook and experiment with them AND get Steve to try new ones. Choosing healthier foods was not always my forte and I’m glad I’ve changed this over the years.
- Squirrels – they are cute, my favorite animal, and kind of like peanut butter they never let me down. Yep. I love’m!
- The holidays! I know it’s a very stressful time of year for many of us but I’m still thankful each time they come around. It’s so wonderful being surrounded by family whether we’re enjoying a meal, wearing new Christmas jammies, or just in the same room together.
Could I have gone till the end of November and found more things to be thankful for? Yes, of course. Steve and I got married this year which could easily be numbers 27, 28, 29, and 30…and more. I have so many things in my life that I’m blessed with and this list today is just what I needed to remind myself of.
What are you thankful for this year? Comment below or tag me on instagram @the_BEER_RD and let me know