I have always been a plan ahead type of person. Once 2020 started, I realized just how soon our little one would be joining us and I started making a list. Not a postpartum, not a labor and delivery, not a diaper bag list…well, let’s be honest those lists will come! But a list of things to stock up on now to make our lives easier when baby H arrives.
Yes, we’ve still got a little over three months until baby is here but I’m an organizer as well as a planner, I don’t want to buy a bunch of household items only to not have time to organize them. Hello, stress (for me).
Let’s get right to my list that I hope will help you future mama’s and dada’s!
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric sheets
- Cleaning supplies (Mrs. Meyers is my favorite)
- Sanitizing wipes
- Dishwasher detergent
- Dish soap
- Hand soap & sanitizer
- Garbage bags
- His and her shampoo / conditioner / body wash
- Dry shampoo
- Toilet paper
- Long charger cords / extra cords for our phones so we’re not moving them between the nursery, bedroom, and living room
- Thank you cards / stamps
- Freezer meals / snacks (I will do full posts on this later)
- Paper plates
- Plastic utensils
- Paper towel
- Basket out for dish towels (I really prefer this over paper towels)
- Tupperware (mostly just organize and get rid of lids or containers without lids)
- Batteries (this was recommended to me for all things baby that don’t plug in)
- Pet food / supplies
Now, I didn’t go and buy every single thing on this list but since Steve and I are major fans of Amazon Prime so I put nearly everything in a “household list” there. Here are some things to consider before you buy all the things:
- Take an inventory of what you have. If you’ve got a pile of batteries and you’re like me, you hate buying batteries when you’ve already got some.
- Make the Amazon Prime list like us! Yes, we can go to a store or have friends/family pick things up if needed…but prime does make it easy and the delivery is so fast. #sorrynotsorry
- We don’t go through all of those items above monthly but some of them we do so those were my focused ones we doubled up on
- Using Prime helped with price but I pay attention to coupons, ads, and sales. Even if we’re stock piling, I’m still all about spending wisely!
- A week or two prior to the due date, take a walk around your house and look critically at each space. Is there something you use a lot of that you bring from room to room?
Lastly, we splurged on these smart plug-in sockets around Christmas time. At first I thought…will we like those? The fact that we can voice or phone activate lights, our TV, the router when the wifi goes out (it’s in our basement), or our humidifier is priceless. I’ve never had a baby before, but making life easier so that we can focus this major adjustment is important to me.
Current parents, did I miss anything? Keep in mind I’ll be sharing all things I’m stocking up on for baby, what’s in our go-bag, freezer meals/snacks, etc. Which of these do you think you’ll stock up on if you’re in plan/nesting mode too!?