CocoPea-Nut Butter Spread
Happy Wednesday everyone! I don’t think I’ve thanked you all in a while but I wanted to do that today. Thank you for reading, thank you for showing up here and thank you for trying out some of my recipes. I have some exciting news coming out soon that I can’t wait to share with you! Stay tuned!
Meanwhile, I’ve got another fun and super simple recipe for you to try. Peanut butter coconut spread! YES it is exactly what it sounds like and yes, it is so delicious.
I thought of this idea because typically when a recipe I make calls for coconut milk, it only calls for half of the can. Does that ever happen to you? I feel like it’s pretty common to end up with half and quarters of things like coconut milk, onions, celery, whipping cream, broth, etc which makes us waste a lot of food. If you’re like me, I hate throwing away food it is seriously one of my biggest annoyances.
Although it can be frustrating, it’s also really common (especially when you have kids) to be throwing away food left and right. If you’ve got a common food you always seem to waste, make sure to tell me in the comments below or shoot me a message! I’ll give you some ideas on how to use it up or save it properly. Since today’s post is about my leftover ½ can of coconut milk, here are a few other ways you could use it:
- Blend it up with any frozen or canned fruit you have, glob in some yogurt (Greek for extra protein) and freeze it in a glass jar for a smoothie at a later date (can also freeze in ice cube trays, break that up into pieces, and throw in one of those mesh teethers for babies)
- Make overnight oats my adding ½ cup of oats to a container and pouring enough coconut milk to coat the oats. Leave it in your fridge overnight and add some fruit in the morning
- Freeze it in an ice cube tray and when you have a recipe calling for it in the future, you’ll have some ready to go
- Make a peanut butter spread with it!
That’s what you’re here for right? Well grab these three ingredients – peanuts (plain, unsalted), coconut milk (I recommend full fat), and light brown sugar.
CocoPea-Nut Butter Spread
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (in a can)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until desired smoothness.
Optional Add Ins: try adding a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla extract, or honey instead of brown sugar.
Did you make this recipe? Send me a photo or better yet, leave a review or give it a rating! You can always tag me on Instagram @Holden_Nutrition!
You can add a teaspoon of avocado oil if you want it to be a bit creamier but I prefer a slightly chunky spread. It’s all about how well you blend down the peanuts. This spread is yummy on toast, crackers, and waffles or with fruit like apples, pears, and strawberries. It was also delicious in a banana, cocoa powder, and greek yogurt smoothie I made. Let me know if you try it!
PS Are you signed up for my monthly newsletter? It has taken on a new format where I’m sending tips, extra recipes, ideas, and more in one monthly email. Interested? Sign up HERE!