For step-by-step photos of this incredibly simple pasta dish for dinner, head over to my Instragram @The_Beer_RD and go to my recipe highlights!
Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 cup pesto Make your own or grab from the grocery store like me!
- 1 14.5 oz can black olives (no pits!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cups pasta (your favorite shape will do)
Cook pasta according to box.
Cube & cook chicken with spray or a little oil. Throw a dash of salt & pepper in there too.
Rinse and drain your olives & tomatoes, if tomatoes are in large chunks…chop’m to your heart’s desire
Throw everything in a big bowl and dump your pesto in. Mix and serve! Also can be enjoyed cold!
For ideas on what to do with left over ingredients:
- Pesto – most jars have 1 full cup so use the other 1/2 for a salad dressing, on a sandwich, or coat mixed raw veggies in it and roast them
- Pasta – keep it, you’ll make pasta again soon
- Chicken – since most people don’t buy packages with two chicken breasts…if you’re not using it, wrap in plastic wrap (tightly), then in foil, date it, put it in a freezer bag marked, “chicken breasts” and don’t forget about them.
Did you make this recipe? Show me on Instagram by tagging me! @The_beer_RD