When I was first introduced to Leslie Knope / Parks and Rec I fell in love instantly with the idea of Galentine’s Day (February 13th) and taking a day to celebrate friendship with the amazing women in your life.
Since my word for 2019 is progress, one of the things I wanted to work on was my relationships with my friends. It’s always important to build upon the friendships you have and make sure you’re making time for all of them. Everyone gets busy and life gets busy, so when you’re able to spend time together make it quality time. Thus, I thought I would share five ways to celebrate Galentine’s day if you need some ideas on how to celebrate the women in your life too!
- Go out for a slow breakfast with plenty of coffee, beermosas/mimosas, tea, or beverage of choice and spend time enjoying the start of a day with your favorite gal(s).
- Take a cooking class together and enjoy the mess and fun of learning something new!
- Drop-in on a yoga studio or workout of choice and sweat it out together
- Try a fancy new cocktail bar after work for happy hour where you wouldn’t go normally.
- Take a day trip to a new town and explore what it has to offer.
You could also invite your ladies over and watch the episode of Parks and Rec that features Galentine’s day. As a bonus, celebrate Leslie Knope style and serve up Belgium waffles!
How will you be celebrating Galentines? Feel free to share and tag me on Instagram @The_Beer_RD so I can cheers to all you lovely ladies!